I’ve been quilting now for a very short time. I’ve spoken to many quilters in this time and they are still learning after many many years so I’m still a complete novice.
Learning this craft has five stages.
1. Choosing fabric and pattern. Well me having bipolar and making decisions takes a long time.
2. Cutting out your blocks or shapes.
This my leasy favourite. Im not very accurate. I do use a rotary cutter and templates but I still need lots of practice at this.
3. Sewing the blocks together. Using a quarter inch seam. It’s fun watching the quilt grow.
4. Making a quilt sandwich and basting. Choosing the backing is as important as the front in my opinion. As for wadding I use quilters dream. I use 505 spray for basting and I always works a treat.
5. Binding. This is my favourite part and I find it really relaxing. I don’t use bias binding I just cut 2.5 inch strips and
And this is the finished product
Its for my son’s room…hope he likes it